KOGI, Nigeria - On Sunday, 5 August 2012, in Oak Creek, a town in America in the Midwest State of Wisconsin, Wade Michael Page attacked a Sikh temple killing 6 people before being shot and killed.
On Monday, 6 August 2012, in an eerily similar attack half-way across the world, another house of worship was attacked and 19 people were killed, including the pastor of the church by radical Islamist extremist.
Killing people based upon religion, or rather one's interpretation of religion is detestable. As is killing people based upon race, sex, political views or sexual orientation. This post provides insight into this deadly phenomena which seems to be proliferating.
- Gunmen kill 19 Christian worshippers in attack on church in Nigeria (telegraph.co.uk)
- Gunmen Kill 19 Christian Worshippers In Attack On Church In Nigeria (businessinsider.com)
- Gunmen Kill 15 Worshippers in Attack on Nigerian Church (voanews.com)
- 19 killed as gunmen go on the rampage during church service in Nigeria (dailymail.co.uk)
- Gunmen Kill 19 Worshippers in Attack on Nigerian Church (blogs.voanews.com)